Classification: red wine with Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita Chianti Classico.
Grapes: Sangiovese (90%) and black Tuscan Canaiolo (10%) grapes; produced since 1992.
Vinification: primary fermentation in contact with its skins in stainless steel tanks with controlled temperature for 18-20 days with at least two manual remontages each day. Maturation in small oak French barrels for approximately one year and subsequent refinement in bottle for at least 3 months.
Characteristics: intense ruby red colour. Elegant scent of a beautiful ripe red fruit with floral notes and lively, balanced, full, intense and long flavour. It keeps its own best characteristics for 10-12 years.
Alcohol: 13% by Vol.
Temperature of service: 18° C.
Combinations: tasty pasta, white and red meats, stewed meat, matured cheeses and plates rich of flavour and substance.
Awards and recognitions
• Seal of Approval AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2012
• Silver Medal AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2012
• Silver Medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2011 - DOCG Red wines
• Diploma Wein.Pur 2010
• Bronze Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2007
• Diploma di Merito Selezione dei Vini di Toscana 2006
• Recommended by Decanter - Decanter Award 2005
• Silver Medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2005
• Diploma di Menzione Speciale Selezione dei Vini di Toscana 2004
• Diploma Merano International Wine Festival 2004
• Diploma di Gran Menzione International Wine Competition 36th Vinitaly 2002
• Silver Medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2002 - DOCG Red wines
• Slow Food daily wine guide: wine with excellent quality/price ratio